Rabu, 29 Februari 2012

If you like Cross Creek you will love Idella

Idella Marjorie Rawlings Perfect Maid

Idella Marjorie Rawlings Perfect Maid

I am African American and Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings is one of my favorite authors. I loved Cross Creek and she is an excellent writer. However, I had to understand the times in which this book was written also I had to overlook demeaning remarks. If you can look pass these occasional remarks and see the dignity assigned to Martha Pickens and old Will, see the difference between truths and prejudices, relate to the author's life, you will enjoy Cross Creek. NOW, read Idella: Marjorie Rawlings' Perfect Maid and you won't be able to put it down. Miss Idella was a woman of her times and I felt I was reading about the lives of my grandmother, great grandmother and aunts. She gave me pieces of history left out by my relatives. I use to love for them to talk about their lives and the history and legacy given to me by them is priceless. Miss Idella wrote/told her story well and gave me a perspective I could relate to 100 percent. A must read!--full of pictures of her and her lovely family :)

Get your Idella Marjorie Rawlings Perfect Maid Now!

2 komentar:

  1. Idella Parker shares about her life with Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings and is a wonderful insight about Marjorie's personality and temperment. I have enjoyed reading this book.

    BalasHapus
  2. An avid fan of Majorie Kinnan Rawlings, and the Cross Creek scrub country she lived in, this book about/by Idella will round out your image of their life there. The only other way to add to this would be a visit to Marjorie's home, now a state park but kept in the genre of when she lived there, in Cross Creek, to spend time taking the tour of it, and with that bringing the feel of what you read in hers and Idellas books into your vision!!!

    Mary Keating, who worked patiently with Idella, in Reddick, obviously had a talent for bringing out the little details, and and able to put them into a visionary scope!!

    BalasHapus